Thanks to its properties, the EPDM gasket has a wide range of applications. This synthetic rubber is an extremely durable material that is resistant to weather conditions, direct sunlight, water and various categories of chemicals.
At GM PLAST, we offer window seals in grey and black.
Compared to silicone rubber, EPDM seals are more resistant to abrasion, cutting and tearing. EPDM rubber also exhibits better tensile strength than silicone rubber. It is used, for example, in the automotive industry or as a seal for windows and doors, while silicone will find use in the aerospace or food industry, among others.
EPDM self-adhesive gasket
EPDM self-adhesive gaskets (with adhesive tape) are available on the market. A self-adhesive rubber gasket is easy to install - simply peel off the self-adhesive backing in one movement. When using self-adhesive gaskets, make sure that the surface you apply them to is clean, dry and free of dust and grease. You can use a degreaser to wipe the surface. The self-adhesive seal designed for windows uses EPDM as the only material that falls into the group of technical rubbers. The self-adhesive seal has many uses. It is ideal for sealing all kinds of spaces and gaps. Its price depends on its intended use and size. It can be cut to the customer's preferred size (the price per running metre requires the purchase of a minimum of 1 running metre) and used to seal mobile components (doors, flaps) and as washers to level out the drone of machinery and equipment components.
Properties of EPDM rubber seals:
- EPDM gaskets have an excellent tolerance to low temperatures of up to 45° C
- are effective at temperatures of up to +145° C
- very good insulator (electrical insulation, sound insulation from equipment, among other things)
- High chemical resistance (hot water and steam, silicone grease, oils, sodium hydroxide solutions, many diluted acids and chemicals)
- the EPDM gasket is resistant to ageing
- very good sealing against water, wind, mud, dust
- weather resistance
- resistance to cracking and elasticity
- provide a reliable, long-lasting seal (even in demanding weather conditions)
- the colour of the rubber does not change (does not stain the surface)